The Broadus Crew!

The Broadus Crew!

Friday, October 1, 2010

It's pumpkin time!

Spring is by far my favorite season, but Fall is so comfortable with it's warm and cozy colors. I brought the little pumpkins out of the attic and decorated the mantel and piano. The kids really enjoyed helping me pick which pumpkin needed to go where. Thankfully, they are made of styrofoam, so they survived being tossed around by little hands.

I use to buy real pumpkins every year, but these are so much cheaper, and I don't have to wait to go shopping when the decorating bug bites.
I will change the framed pictures out to something a little more "fallish", but my printer is uncooperative today.

My sister gave me this little witch back in 1992. She finds her way to the mantle every year.
I took a really cool picture of my daughter Lana to go in that frame, but the printer was not willing to share her with the world. Thomas was very sweet to volunteer a pick-up at the CVS this afternoon.
Here is the picture of Lana. I wanted it to look like an old picture back before people smiled in them. I think it's pretty cool.

I bought these windows from an antique mall last year. I am very pleased with the way they look. I bought them to use as picture frame art for a wall, but have not taken the time to do anything with them until today. I love old stuff!


 I still have more to decorate, but I have to save some creative juices for another day. I will be painting more pumpkins this year. Most of the kids are too little for carving, so they really enjoyed painting them last year.

Lana painting her pumpkin last year.

My silly, not so frightening, pumpkin. :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment