The Broadus Crew!

The Broadus Crew!

Friday, September 17, 2010

How does your laundry get done with a house full of children?

Quite often, I get asked the question, "How does your laundry get done with a house full of children everyday?"  So, I decided to show and tell.


Yep...that's a 2 and 3 year old doing laundry. :)



They fold too! 

 I tried to get laundry done first thing this morning, but the kids were too fast for me, and I ran out of time before they all woke up. So, I had to include it as a part of our day. Today, I had 7 children to "help". First, I separated all our clothes into piles on the kitchen floor. Then, they picked a pile and loaded it into the washer. When it beeped, they ran over to put the clothes in the dryer. (I wonder how much longer I can enjoy that treat). That gave me around an hour of solid playtime with everyone.  When the dryer is finished, it's time for the babies (anyone who pulls the laundry off the couch), to have their independent playtime. The girls fold anything smaller than them, and I fold the rest. It's like a game to see if they can finish before me. I am particular, but I never refold anything that they so proudly worked on.  We did 4 loads of clothes, and the breaks between loads allowed me to include myself in more playtime.

I am not the only one who benefits from their help. They learn how to do laundry, of course, but they also have to work as a team and follow directions. I think it's a win win! :)

1 comment:

  1. By the way, I have blankets on my furniture because of sinus season. Those little noses are the perfect height for my couch and totally awesome chair. ;)

    ReplyDelete