The Broadus Crew!

The Broadus Crew!

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Baby Shower Cake

This is a baby Shower cake I did this weekend. I wanted to do something a little different, but had to improvise. It never fails. No matter how planned you think things are, disaster happens at the last minute. I started the cake Saturday night, but figured I would have time to finish Sunday after church. While pulling into the church parking lot reality of time hit, and we had to miss small group for me to go home and finish the cake. I made a stork earlier in the week out of royal icing, but he broke. I think it turned out ok, but it would have been nice to have more time to smooth the icing a little more. I hope everyone enjoyed the cake, especially the expecting mom. I enjoy making cakes, but it is hard work for an amateur like me.


The funny thing about missing our small group is that it's on "Take it to the Limit". I asked Thomas if he was going to rat me out in class about taking things to the limit so much that we couldn't make it to class. Luckily, it was only the second week, so I blame it on lack of knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment